End of Year Activities & Social Skills Story | Moving Up | New Grade
# of Pages: 54
File Type(s): ZIP, PDF
You'll LOVE this resource!
- Instant access download!
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
Do you have students who struggle with the idea of the school year coming to an end? The end of the year can be very anxiety-producing for students. New teacher. New classmates. New grade. This End of the Year Activities & Social Story Set is a must-have for your classroom! This set includes an engaging and informative social story and multiple high-interest activities. Everything you need to calm your students’ fears and anxieties about the school year coming to an end.
This engaging social story and easy-to-use activities make this resource ideal for cultivating a classroom environment that fosters healthy self management, and self awareness. Reusable and substitute-friendly, this End of the Year Activities & Social Story Set is going to make preparing your students for moving to a new grade simple and fun!
This high-quality social story is written in kid-friendly language and takes the guesswork out of teaching students to manage their anxiety and fears. The social story comes in a printable and projectable PDF version, Google®️ slides, and a narrated video version, making it versatile enough for use whether you are teaching in person or virtually. The fun and engaging activities included will enable students to build confidence and develop a deeper understanding of self and relationships.
☝CLICK ON THE PREVIEW ABOVE to get a closer look at the contents of this resource.
What kind of activities will you get with this End of the Year Activities & Social Story Set?
✅ social story- A colorful social story, written in kid-friendly language, provided in 3 different versions to accommodate your teaching needs: printable & projectable PDF, GOOGLE®️ SLIDES, AND narrated VIDEO
✅comprehension check page- Included with the google slides and video version
✅ individual student coloring books- These coloring books are printable in black and white so that the children can have their own copy of the social story. Can be printed full size or reduced size. (printing directions included)
✅ activity pages/assessment– Easily assess what the students have learned about the important social skills being taught.
✅answer keys- Each activity page/assessment comes with an easy-to-read answer key.
✅ positive student notes- Motivate your students with these positive student notes that celebrate the growth and learning of new social skills. Notes contain a fun poem or verse that supports the skill being taught. Black & white and color versions included.
What skills are included in the Being Bossy Social Story & Social Skills Activities Set?
- what anxiety is
- why moving to a new grade may cause anxiety
- how moving to a new grade will be different
- how moving to a new grade will be the same
- how to think about moving to a new grade in a positive way
✨ IDEAS FOR THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT ✨
- This social skills set is perfect for whole-class instruction, both when you want to introduce a new social skill, or when your students are struggling with a particular skill or topic.
- This set is also fantastic for small group instruction of target social skills, and individual instruction for students needing extra guidance and reinforcement of skills because of behavior problems, autism, or special needs.
- Social stories seem to have the greatest impact when they are read multiple times, and in my classroom we would often focus on one story/skill per week.
- Some great ways to incorporate these social skills lessons into your daily routine are:
→to use them as time-fillers throughout the day
→present them during class meetings
→make them part of your morning routine
→engage families in the learning by using the social story and some of the activities as take-home reviews.
You won’t be disappointed with the engagement level and the powerful impact this resource will have on your classroom community!
Here is what TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Sheila F. says “This was an effective resource to help students struggling with change. Love how it is ready to print and use. It was a positive resource. Thank you!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Megan G. says “My kids love your social stories and this was a great one to read at the end of the year to help some of my kiddos that were struggling with the idea of leaving me.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Elyse S. says “Great activity for preparing for the transition of moving to a new grade/classroom.”
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
- RI.K.1, RI.K.2, RI.K.7, W.K.8, L.K.1, L.K.6
- RI.1.1, RI.1.2, RI.1.7, W.1.8, L.1.1, L.1.6
- RI.2.1, RI.2.2, RI.2.7, W.2.8, L.2.1, L.2.6
- RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.7, L.3.1, L.3.6
- RI.4.1, L.4.1, L.4.6
Copyright ©️ One Giggle At A Time.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.