Being Bossy Social Skills Story & Social Emotional Learning Activities
# of Pages: 48
File Type(s): ZIP, PDF
You'll LOVE this resource!
- Instant access download!
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
Do you have students who struggle with being bossy and exhibiting controlling behaviors? This Being Bossy Social Story & Social Skills Activities Set is just what you need. This set includes an engaging and informative social story and multiple high-interest activities. Perfect for supporting students who are struggling with social awareness, and emotional-regulation, and guiding your students in developing a strong understanding of strategies and techniques to control bossiness.
This engaging social story and easy-to-use activities make this resource ideal for cultivating a classroom environment that fosters healthy self management, social awareness, and responsible decision making. Reusable and substitute-friendly, this Being Bossy Social Story & Social Skills Activities Set is going to make teaching social-emotional learning a breeze!
This high-quality social story is written in kid-friendly language and takes the guesswork out of teaching your students about calm down strategies. The social story comes in a printable and projectable PDF version, Google®️ slides, and a narrated video version, making it versatile enough for use whether you are teaching in person or virtually. The fun and engaging activities included will enable students to build confidence and develop a deeper understanding of self and relationships.
☝CLICK ON THE PREVIEW ABOVE to get a closer look at the contents of this resource.
What kind of activities will you get with this Being Bossy Social Story & Social Skills Activities Set?
✅ social story- A colorful social story, written in kid-friendly language, provided in 3 different versions to accommodate your teaching needs: printable & projectable PDF, GOOGLE®️ SLIDES, AND narrated VIDEO
✅comprehension check page- Included with the google slides and video version
✅ classroom posters– These colorful, high-quality classroom posters mirror the important points covered in the social stories and break them down into even simpler kid-friendly language.
✅ student reference cards- These print-and-go reference cards provide additional social skill tips and tricks that are perfect for meeting individual student needs. These personal reference cards build student confidence and empower students to be independent as they manage their social and emotional growth.
✅ discussion cards- Delve deeper with thought-provoking comprehension questions.
✅ role-playing activity cards- Concrete practice of skills through fun role-playing activities and situations.
✅ easy reader mini books– The social skill being focused on is further broken down in a way for students to read, review, and remember. These mini-books are printable in black and white so that the children can color them.
✅ activity pages/assessment– Easily assess what the students have learned about the important social skills being taught.
✅answer keys- Each activity page/assessment comes with an easy-to-read answer key.
✅ positive student notes- Motivate your students with these positive student notes that celebrate the growth and learning of new social skills. Notes contain a fun poem or verse that supports the skill being taught. Black & white and color versions included.
What skills are included in the Being Bossy Social Story & Social Skills Activities Set?
- what it means to be “the boss of me”
- choices and decisions we each have control of during the school day
- what it means to be bossy
- Why being bossy is not a good choice
- choices to make instead of being bossy
- Why adults sometimes need to make choices for us
✨ IDEAS FOR THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT ✨
- This social skills set is perfect for whole-class instruction, both when you want to introduce a new social skill, or when your students are struggling with a particular skill or topic.
- This set is also fantastic for small group instruction of target social skills, and individual instruction for students needing extra guidance and reinforcement of skills because of behavior problems, autism, or special needs.
- Social stories seem to have the greatest impact when they are read multiple times, and in my classroom we would often focus on one story/skill per week.
- Some great ways to incorporate these social skills lessons into your daily routine are:
→to use them as time-fillers throughout the day
→present them during class meetings
→make them part of your morning routine
→engage families in the learning by using the social story and some of the activities as take-home reviews.
You won’t be disappointed with the engagement level and the powerful impact this resource will have on your classroom community!
Here is what TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Grace D. says “These social stories are great for helping my students understand the why behind behaviors. I love having them prepped and ready to use when I feel like my students need a reminder. I also use them to review rules after breaks & things. I would recommend these in lower elementary rooms!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Justina H. says “Great resource to talk about being bossy. We read it in small group and will have students reread it as needed throughout the year.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Janeil J. says “Great story about being bossy. I love the handouts it comes with. Just buy it. You will be happy with the resources!”
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
- RI.K.1, RI.K.2, RI.K.7, W.K.8, SL.K.1, SL.K.2, SL.K.4, SL.K.5, SL.K.6, L.K.1, L.K.6
- RI.1.1, RI.1.2, RI.1.7, W.1.8, SL.1.1, SL.1.2, SL.1.4, SL.1.5, SL.1.6, L.1.1, L.1.6
- RI.2.1, RI.2.2, RI.2.7, W.2.8, SL.2.1, SL.2.2, SL.2.4, SL.2.5, SL.2.6, L.2.1, L.2.6
- RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.7, SL.3.1, SL.3.2, SL.3.4, SL.3.6, L.3.1, L.3.6
- RI.4.1, SL.4.1, SL.4.6, L.4.1, L.4.6
Copyright ©️ One Giggle At A Time.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.