Personal Space Hands To Self Social Skills Story & Social Emotional Learning Activities
# of Pages: 52
File Type(s): ZIP, PDF
You'll LOVE this resource!
- Instant access download!
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
Do you have students who struggle with maintaining personal space and keeping their hands to themselves? This best-selling Personal Space Hands To Self Social Story & Social Skills Activities Set is just what you need. This set includes an engaging and informative social story and multiple high-interest activities. Perfect for strengthening social emotional learning in your classroom, and guiding your students in developing a strong understanding of maintaining personal space.
This engaging social story and easy-to-use activities make this resource ideal for cultivating a classroom environment that fosters healthy self management, social awareness, and responsible decision making. Reusable and substitute-friendly, this Personal Space Hands To Self Social Story & Social Skills Activities Set is going to make teaching social-emotional learning a breeze!
This high-quality social story is written in kid-friendly language and takes the guesswork out of teaching your students about strategies for maintaining personal space and keeping hands to self. The social story comes in a printable and projectable PDF version, Google®️ slides, and a narrated video version, making it versatile enough for use whether you are teaching in person or virtually. The fun and engaging activities included will enable students to build confidence and develop a deeper understanding of self and relationships.
☝CLICK ON THE PREVIEW ABOVE to get a closer look at the contents of this resource.
What kind of activities will you get with this Personal Space Hands To Self Social Story & Social Skills Activities Set ?
✅ social story- A colorful social story, written in kid-friendly language, provided in 3 different versions to accommodate your teaching needs: printable & projectable PDF, GOOGLE®️ SLIDES, AND narrated VIDEO
✅comprehension check page- Included with the google slides and video version
✅suggested lesson plans- activities mapped out over 4 days for you in a suggested plan of use
✅ discussion cards- Delve deeper into the skills being taught with thought-provoking comprehension questions.
✅ classroom posters– These colorful, high-quality classroom posters mirror the important points covered in the social stories and break them down into even simpler kid-friendly language.
✅ student reference cards- These print-and-go reference cards provide additional social skill tips and tricks that are perfect for meeting individual student needs. These personal reference cards build student confidence and empower students to be independent as they manage their social and emotional growth.
✅ role-playing activity cards- Concrete practice of skills through fun role-playing activities and situations.
✅ easy reader mini books– The social skill being focused on is further broken down in a way for students to read, review, and remember. These mini-books are printable in black and white so that the children can color them.
✅ activity pages/assessment– Easily assess what the students have learned about the important social skills being taught.
✅answer keys- Each activity page/assessment comes with an easy-to-read answer key.
✅ positive student notes- Motivate your students with these positive student notes that celebrate the growth and learning of new social skills. Notes contain a fun poem or verse that supports the skill being taught. Black & white and color versions included.
What skills are included in the Self Control Social Story and Social Skills Activities Set?
- personal boundaries
- how to successfully maintain their own personal space
- how personal space “bubbles” vary from person to person
- the importance of respecting the space of others
- how to protect your own personal space
- how to look for clues that you are inside of someone else’s personal space
✨ IDEAS FOR THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT ✨
- This social skills set is perfect for whole-class instruction, both when you want to introduce a new social skill, or when your students are struggling with a particular skill or topic.
- This set is also fantastic for small group instruction of target social skills, and individual instruction for students needing extra guidance and reinforcement of skills because of behavior problems, autism, or special needs.
- Social stories seem to have the greatest impact when they are read multiple times, and in my classroom we would often focus on one story/skill per week.
- Some great ways to incorporate these social skills lessons into your daily routine are:
→to use them as time-fillers throughout the day
→present them during class meetings
→make them part of your morning routine
→engage families in the learning by using the social story and some of the activities as take-home reviews.
You won’t be disappointed with the engagement level and the powerful impact this resource will have on your classroom community!
Here is what TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Melissa B. says “This was very easy to follow – I appreciated the suggested lesson pacing because the beginning of year is crazy and it helped to have a plan made for me. It was user friendly and very engaging. I highly recommend. I used this in my second grade class.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Kimberly V. says “This personal space activity really helped my students understand the concept of personal space and their own personal bubble along with their peers! I really enjoyed this activity, and it can be something I use all year with them.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Cassandra B. says “I was looking for a story to help students recognize how personal space and boundaries may change depending on who they are with. I appreciated that this resource included this.”
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
- RI.K.1, RI.K.2, RI.K.7, W.K.8, SL.K.1, SL.K.2, SL.K.4, SL.K.5, SL.K.6, L.K.1, L.K.6
- RI.1.1, RI.1.2, RI.1.7, W.1.8, SL.1.1, SL.1.2, SL.1.4, SL.1.5, SL.1.6, L.1.1, L.1.6
- RI.2.1, RI.2.2, RI.2.7, W.2.8, SL.2.1, SL.2.2, SL.2.4, SL.2.5, SL.2.6, L.2.1, L.2.6
- RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.7, SL.3.1, SL.3.2, SL.3.4, SL.3.6, L.3.1, L.3.6
- RI.4.1, SL.4.1, SL.4.6, L.4.1, L.4.6
Copyright ©️ One Giggle At A Time.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.