Using Words Instead Of Crying Social Skills Story Strategies & Activities
# of Pages: 40
File Type(s): ZIP, PDF
You'll LOVE this resource!
- Instant access download!
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
Do you have students who struggle with using words instead of crying? This Using Words Instead of Crying Social Story Strategies & Activities Set is just what you need. This set includes an engaging and informative social story and multiple high-interest activities. Perfect for strengthening social emotional learning in your classroom, and guiding your students in developing a strong understanding of strategies and techniques to support using words instead of cryingl.
This engaging social story and easy-to-use activities make this resource ideal for cultivating a classroom environment that fosters healthy self management, social awareness, and responsible decision making. Reusable and substitute-friendly, this Using Words Instead of Crying Social Story Strategies & Activities Set is going to make teaching social-emotional learning a breeze!
This high-quality social story is written in kid-friendly language and takes the guesswork out of teaching your students about strategies for using words instead of crying. The social story comes in a printable and projectable PDF version, Google®️ slides, and a narrated video version, making it versatile enough for use whether you are teaching in person or virtually. The fun and engaging activities included will enable students to build confidence and develop a deeper understanding of self and relationships.
☝CLICK ON THE PREVIEW ABOVE to get a closer look at the contents of this resource.
What kind of activities will you get with this Using Words Instead of Crying Social Story Strategies & Activities Set?
✅ social story- A colorful social story, written in kid-friendly language, provided in 3 different versions to accommodate your teaching needs: printable & projectable PDF, GOOGLE®️ SLIDES, AND narrated VIDEO
✅comprehension check page- Included with the google slides and video version
✅ discussion cards- Delve deeper into the skills being taught with thought-provoking comprehension questions.
✅ classroom posters– These colorful, high-quality classroom posters mirror the important points covered in the social stories and break them down into even simpler kid-friendly language.
✅ student reference cards- These print-and-go reference cards provide additional social skill tips and tricks that are perfect for meeting individual student needs. These personal reference cards build student confidence and empower students to be independent as they manage their social and emotional growth.
✅ role-playing activity cards- Concrete practice of skills through fun role-playing activities and situations.
✅ easy reader mini books– The social skill being focused on is further broken down in a way for students to read, review, and remember. These mini-books are printable in black and white so that the children can color them.
✅ activity pages/assessment– Easily assess what the students have learned about the important social skills being taught.
✅answer keys- Each activity page/assessment comes with an easy-to-read answer key.
✅ positive student notes- Motivate your students with these positive student notes that celebrate the growth and learning of new social skills. Notes contain a fun poem or verse that supports the skill being taught. Black & white and color versions included.
What skills are included in the Using Words Instead of Crying Social Story Strategies & Activities Set?
- the emotions (frustrated, upset) that may cause them to want to cry
- crying is not the best way to solve problems
- situations that may cause them to want to cry (forgetting things, losing things, having a substitute teacher, change in routine, things don’t go my way)
- choices to make instead of crying (deep breathing, asking for help, using my words, stopping to think)
✨ IDEAS FOR THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT ✨
- This social skills set is perfect for whole-class instruction, both when you want to introduce a new social skill, or when your students are struggling with a particular skill or topic.
- This set is also fantastic for small group instruction of target social skills, and individual instruction for students needing extra guidance and reinforcement of skills because of behavior problems, autism, or special needs.
- Social stories seem to have the greatest impact when they are read multiple times, and in my classroom we would often focus on one story/skill per week.
- Some great ways to incorporate these social skills lessons into your daily routine are:
→to use them as time-fillers throughout the day
→present them during class meetings
→make them part of your morning routine
→engage families in the learning by using the social story and some of the activities as take-home reviews.
You won’t be disappointed with the engagement level and the powerful impact this resource will have on your classroom community!
Here is what TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Laura K. says “I am using this resource with several students who use crying as a way to get what they want. It has been a good tool to encourage self reflection.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Melissa L. says “This book was perfect for a particular situation I was having with a student. It spoke directly to how he was feeling and reacting in certain situations and also helped his classmates understand why he was acting that way!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Beth H. says “This has been a life saver for me this year. I have a student who has not been able to overcome her
initial reaction of crying. This social story book has been a great help to our classroom in restoring calm.”
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
- RI.K.1, RI.K.2, RI.K.7, W.K.8, SL.K.1, SL.K.2, SL.K.4, SL.K.5, SL.K.6, L.K.1, L.K.6
- RI.1.1, RI.1.2, RI.1.7, W.1.8, SL.1.1, SL.1.2, SL.1.4, SL.1.5, SL.1.6, L.1.1, L.1.6
- RI.2.1, RI.2.2, RI.2.7, W.2.8, SL.2.1, SL.2.2, SL.2.4, SL.2.5, SL.2.6, L.2.1, L.2.6
- RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.7, SL.3.1, SL.3.2, SL.3.4, SL.3.6, L.3.1, L.3.6
- RI.4.1, SL.4.1, SL.4.6, L.4.1, L.4.6
Copyright ©️ One Giggle At A Time.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.